Alhamdulillah minta dilindungi Alllah daripada kejahatan orang-orang yang jahat. Bila kita ingat Allah, insya Allah kita akan dipelihara daripada kejahatan. Namun, jangan dedahkan diri kepada sebarang peluang untuk orang-orang yang jahat melakukan kejahatan kepada kita. Cerita di bawah mungkin boleh menjadi pengajaran buat semua, dihantar oleh seseorang melalui email kepada saya.
Menurut Global ATM Security Alliance (2005 ATM Crime Statistics), kecurian di ATM adalah tiga kali lebih banyak berlaku antara jam 6 petang hingga 9 malam.
One day after work, a colleague’s brother was withdrawing his money from the ATM machine. After withdrawing the money, he immediately put the money in his wallet and put the wallet at the back of his pocket. He drove straight home.
When he reached home, he suddenly realized that his wallet was gone, and it suddenly hit him that he might been robbed at the ATM. He recalled there was a group of foreigners beside him while he was finishing his ATM transaction. However, he was not aware at which point in time the wallet was missing/snatched.
He made a report at police station and had to redo his ID, driving license, and ATM/credit cards.
Root Cause / Contributing Factors:
- He was alone at the ATM machine when taking large amount of money and it was late a night.
- He put all his money, IDs and cards in the same wallet.
What we should do to prevent similar occurrences:
- Do SPSA (Safe Performance Self Assessment) before going to the ATM. (Assess – Analyze – Act)
- Be aware and alert before stepping into the ATM vicinity.
- Do you your ATM transactions in the daylight, or
- Have someone accompany you when withdrawing money at night.
- Keep a safe distance from other people when withdrawing the money.
- Avoid putting all of your money, personal IDs and cards into one wallet or purse.